Zillow Speaker Series: Rob McKenna, Washington State Attorney General (VIDEO)
We’ve been very fortunate here at Zillow to have welcomed a steady stream of renowned speakers to our offices. From angel investors, to CEOs of startups, to politicians, the expert guests have certainly run the gamut.
The latest guest to stop by Zillow’s Seattle headquarters was Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, who is also running as the Republican candidate for Washington state governor.
McKenna discussed the issues he is addressing in his campaign, and his goals for the state.
“This campaign is about, broadly, three things,” McKenna said. “The economy and job creation, education reform, and making our state run better.”
McKenna said that one way to invest in the economy is to educate people in trades and job skills that are in high demand. And, McKenna’s messaging for education reform won him a big vote as he just received the endorsement of the Public School Employees of Washington – a rarity for GOP candidates who are generally anti-union.
He also answered questions from employees. See more of his talk to Zillow employees in the video.
Previous Zillow Speaker Series guests include:
- Ronnie Chan, Chairman of Hang Lung Properties Limited
- Hadi Partovi, angel investor, startup investor
- GrubHub Co-founders Mike Evans and Matt Maloney
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
- Adam Goldstein of Hipmunk
- Adam Lashinsky, Author of “Inside Apple”
- Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- John Cook of GeekWire
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
- Gordon Stephenson of Real Property Associates
- Bill Gurley of Benchmark Capital
- Richard Tait of Cranium
- Adrian Hanauer of Sounders FC
- Steve Souders of Google